A busy Mum? Me too.
Ever sit down for a second and then remember you have a million and one things on your to do list?
All the time?
I’m with you, it happens almost every evening round here. However sometimes, us Mums can be so on the go all the time, taking care of everyone around us that we often forget to take care of ourselves.
And it’s so important that we have some ‘Mum Time’ every now and then. And that 5 minutes you get to yourself taking a shower in the morning does not count, just so you know.
A happy Mummy, a happy baby…
You really can benefit from being a little selfish every once in a while. I know to well that even getting 5 minutes to yourself sometimes can be difficult. However as hard as it is, put the household chores to one side, even if it’s just for one evening a month, take some time out.
10 ways to indulge in some you time to regain a little sanity;
- Take a hot bath with all the bubbles & candles you own.
- Read a book.
- Apply a face mask & foot mask & hair mask.
- Drink a HOT cup of tea/coffee in silence.
- Watch an episode of your favourite series, or a couple of you’re lucky enough.
- Watch a movie with some naughty snacks.
- Get your nails done.
- Get your hair done.
- Go for a peaceful run/stroll with your headphones in, or just take in the world around you.
- Write in a journal or start a scrapbook.
And if you ever get a night off, DO IT ALL.
Here’s hoping some very busy Mamma’s will remember that their health and happiness is just as important as those that depend on them. Lets be honest, if you are exhausted, unhappy or just in need of a little TLC, looking after others becomes that little bit harder.
Push the washing up aside, just for now and indulge, everyone needs to recharge their batteries every so often.
As always, stay connected – follow us on social media;